Tenney Environmental Ships Environmental Walk-in Chamber to Automotive Industry
Tenney Environmental announced the shipment of a Tenney Environmental Walk-In Chamber to the automotive industry. This chamber will be used to thermally test the insulation used in automobile interiors and will be subjected to different thermal conditions to test the R factor integrity.
This Tenney walk-in chamber maintains a relative humidity range of 20-95% in the temperature range of 20°C to 85°C limited by a 5°C dew point. The interior of the chamber has dimensions of 98” W x 196” D x 98” H. The operating temperature range is -68°C to 120°C with an overall maximum temperature of 150°C. The room will be capable of achieving 85°C and 94%RH.
“Many of our customers in the automotive industry have different needs for their Tenney equipment. This Tenney environmental walk-in chamber will be used for temperature cycling testing of composite material that will be used for automotive applications.” – Jason Cillo, International Sales Manager.
Unique features of this Tenney environmental test chamber include:
- User-friendly LCD graphical 320 x 240 color display/touch screen programmer with simple English language prompts for program entry
- Real time clock
- Near infinite number of programs and steps
- PID control with auto-tune and operator adjustable to match special chamber loading conditions (2-channel capability)
- Tenney’s exclusive state of the art logic circuits automatically select the necessary refrigeration and heating capacities as well as humidification operating modes, as required to achieve the desired chamber environment
- The controller incorporated communication capabilities for the “Connected Factory” of the future
- Storage and retrieval of programs and test data from USB Port, local flash disk and/or removal PCMCIA flash card
- Separate I/O controller (Olympic) for machine interface, machine diagnostics
- RS-232 serial communications
- Advanced Ethernet (10/100) communications capabilities using TCP/IP networking protocols
- USB Port for data collection of set point temperature and actual for air temperature
- Built in limit alarms
- Flash disk on chip storage
- Microsoft’s advanced Windows TM CE operating system
- Serial communications are standard and wired externally to the cabinet with a DB9 port.
- Built in limit alarms including: High and Low Pressure for both refrigeration stages, high and low stage compressor safety module, conditioner fan motors, and the TGIV redundant over/ under temperature protection system